[powerdot] color palettes

  • From: Hendri Adriaens <spotje@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 17:38:39 +0200

Hi,

I created an interface for style designers to include different
palettes. This will work as follows:
\documentclass[palette=red]{powerdot}
will ask the default style for the red palette.

Internally, a style can do:
\pdprovidespalettes{blue,red,yellow}

From that moment \pd@@palette contains the number of the selected
palette (and 0 if none specified. This can be used by styles like
\ifcase\pd@@palette
% blue
\or
% red
\or
% yellow
\fi

Now the question for you is: could you please provide us the palettes
that you would like to see in the styles, including RGB values. For
instance, the default style now contains:
\ifcase\pd@@palette
  \definecolor{pdcolor1}{rgb}{.17,.31,.44}
  \definecolor{pdcolor2}{rgb}{.75,.85,.92}
  \definecolor{pdcolor3}{rgb}{.9,.95,.98}
\fi
which gives the blue palette. More palettes are very welcome! Most
styles use only a few colors and hence it shouldn't be too much work
to create new palettes, if we distribute the workload a little.

So if you have a nice color combination for a specific style, please
share it with us and post it in a reply to this message. We're looking
forward to your ideas!

Thanks, best,
-Hendri & Chris.