[powerdot] Re: A fix to the clock problem

  • From: Ted Pavlic <ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot <powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 17:55:30 +0000 (UTC)

 I have sent this to Hendri. He has added verification and incorporation
 of the patch to his todo list.

I never meant to imply that Hendri endorsed my patch. I just figured that a public mailing list would welcome a temporary fix.

The truth of the matter is that Heiko Oberdiek already sent me a
better patch. I told you I would add it to the todolist so I could
compare it when I had time. Now I am forced to bring a non-tested
thing out in the open.

As you can see, the Oberdiek patch is simply a code refactoring of my patch. He simply inlines one of the definitions made in the classical powerdot code. Because of this, the Oberdiek patch is certainly the "better" patch as it is more compact and (arguably) enhances the readability of the code. It was my goal to maintain as much of the existing powerdot structure as I could because, as I thought I made clear, my solution was not meant to be the official solution; it was simply meant to suggest a simple fix.

I never meant to force anyone to do something so concomfortable against their will. My apologies.

Thanks for your time --
Ted

--
Ted Pavlic <ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>