[pov] Re: cheap postcards?

  • From: Suzanna Leigh <leigh.suzanna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 21:06:00 -0800

Good to know! thanks!
On Jan 8, 2010, at 7:02 PM, L Lotus wrote:

Good work! My only addition is that a 4 x 6 postcard can be mailed for the postcard rate. Anything larger becomes first class letter rate.

Lotus

From: leigh.suzanna@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pov] Re: cheap postcards?
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 13:29:31 -0800
To: pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you all for the good prompt information. I knew I could count on You! Here is a short summary of the postcard printers and a bit of information I learned when I clicked on the sites.
Printers of postcards for shows:

http://gotprint.net/ color front, no back 100/$18.87, 250/27.95 (4x6)
ADG in Lynnwood -  http://www.adgprinting.com. 250/$80 (4x6)
Postcard Press - http://www.postcardpress.com color/b+w (4x6) 100/ $21.95 http://www.overnightprints.com 100/$ 29.95-39.95 250/ $64.95-79.95 (4x6)
http://www.modernpostcard.com/   color/b+w 250/$95 (4.25  x 6.125)
Vista print  (4.21 x 5.47)  100/$24.99-34.98  250/$59.99-79.9
 NextDayFlyers  (4x6) 100/$21.95 250/$29.95

and here is the reason I need them:

SAVE THE DATES!
Silk Paintings at the Tea Shop in February
Reception Friday February 5, 2010
6:00pm-9:pm

What a gift to spend August in China with my brother Steve Watkins and his Chinese wife Li Xiao Ning! I was given so much, and I experienced so much, I want to share some of it with you. This series of silk paintings I did is inspired by what I saw in China and some of the classic stories and poetry I learned while there.

Sunday, February 21st, 3pm
Presenting photos and discussion.
Chinese New Year’s treat and Dragon Well tea
$10. Limited seating.

Traveling with Xiao Ning gave me the opportunity to hear her stories of the cultural revolution, and family stories from that time and before. I met her sister, Li Xiao Yen, and her parents. Li Xiao Yen was a communist party chairman before she retired. Xiao Ning’s father was on the Long March, and her mother is a descendant of the Qing dynasty. Wonderful people, all.

My vision for this time is that some in the audience will have been to China and will contribute to the discussion, so that we all can develop a better understanding of the people and culture of this great nation—and perhaps of ourselves as well.<6DC0CDC3-3B6A-480A- A375-118495D725E7>
On Jan 7, 2010, at 6:42 PM, Peter Serko wrote:

I use http://gotprint.net/. I think the last time it cost me about $40 for 1000. I know many other artists that use them and always get good results.

Peter

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 6:09 PM, Ray Pfortner <cpp58379@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Another local source is ADG in Lynnwood - http:// www.adgprinting.com. They offer small print runs and good prices and a local office for drop off and pick up. VAA and many local galleries and artists use them. There is also Postcard Press - http://www.postcardpress.com
Ray
Ray Pfortner
Vashon Island, WA
206-463-3043
pfortner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quoting Rick Dahms :
We always use Modern Postcard. Consistently great results. Low prices.
http://www.modernpostcard.com/
If you want local, try Nikko in Seattle.
Best,
Rick
Rick Dahms
206 463 3328
http://www.rickdahms.com/

On Jan 7, 2010, at 12:15 PM, Suzanna Leigh wrote:

does anyone know where I can get postcards printed inexpensively, to announce an upcoming show?
pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Peter Serko