[pov] Vietnam War Photographs of Christopher Gaynor opens on First Friday, May 2 in the new Luna Café Gallery

  • From: CHRISTOPHER gaynor <cbgaynor2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chris Gaynor <cbgaynor2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 11:54:59 -0700 (PDT)

First Friday at Luna Café Gallery,
Vashon Island, WA
A SoldierBoy Hears the Distant Guns:  The Vietnam War Photographs of Christopher
Gaynoropens on First Friday, May 2
in the new Luna Café Gallery.  Many of
these photographs, taken in 1967 and 1968, were displayed as a part of  Fmr
Army Sgt. Gaynor’s Special Exhibit:  Home
of Record: Vashon and the Vietnam
War which ran for 4 months at the Vashon-Maury Island Heritage Museum and
won the AKCHO Award for Best Exhibit 2012.  The emphasis is on candid and often
haunting portraits of Gaynor’s
comrades rather than explosive battle scenes.

Christopher Gaynor
THE VETERANS CRISIS LINE (800) 273-8255 PRESS 1

9th and 25th Infantry Divisions

United States Army
Republic of Viet Nam, 1967-1968

"I abhor war and view it as the greatest scourge of mankind." -Thomas Jefferson

"My first wish is to see this plague of mankind, war, banished from the earth."
-George Washington