[pov] Re: Video - space update

  • From: James Culbertson <albion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 16:47:17 -0800

I have not heard back from Reed about the Heritage museum space. So, I guess I jumped the gun on suggesting this Thursday.

Everyone could come over to my house/studio, but it might be a bit crowded. If you all don't mind we can go forward with this Thursday here. But I don't have a projector so it will be more informal. Kind of a dialog with questions and answers, and some show and tell.

I figure we can stick more to the camera side of things, and talk about the benefits and limitations of still camera videography, including showing samples, looking at optimized camera settings, tripods, audio, and storage cards, amongst other things. We can touch on compression formats and how to get video into and optimized for editing.

Thoughts? Anyone else with a larger space and more seating feel like hosting?

Thanks much,

James

On Feb 3, 2010, at 6:36 PM, James Culbertson wrote:

Is next week too soon? Thursday eve the 11th?  7 - 9pm?

I could host at my home studio where I have all the video editing (Apple and Adobe) software and hardware. But it sounds like there are probably too many folks to fit in there.

I could see if the Heritage museum back space is available...

James

On Feb 3, 2010, at 6:23 PM, Ric Peterson wrote:

Wow great responses
Let's put a meeting together
Uwant to learn from those who responded too
All good wishes
Ric

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 3, 2010, at 6:09 PM, Suzanna Leigh <leigh.suzanna@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I am interested.
On Feb 3, 2010, at 10:00 AM, Rick Dahms wrote:

Hey Kids,
Anyone on the list shooting video or getting into video?
Is this something that you'd be interested in devoting a meeting to? I'm just getting started and finding things a lot more complicated than vhs tape and a/b roll editing.
Rick
Rick Dahms
206 463 3328
http://www.rickdahms.com/