[pov] THOUGHT I WOULD PASS THIS OPPORTUNITY ALONG TO THE GROUP

  • From: andie Styner <roobiblue@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vashon POV POV <POV@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:02:45 -0800

It's not the kind of work I usually do, and possibly someone else would like to have the opportunity for
some work.  Happy New Year to all!!!
andie

Hello Andie,
My name is Kate MacLeod.
I work with islander Kat Eggleston as a music duo and I live part time on the island myself.
Kat and I are in dire need of great photos for our concert promotion. Although I have plenty of casual shots, I need some studio photos for presenters to use in more formal programs, and also to upgrade the look so that we look like artists worth investing in for concert presentation. My agent has been prodding me for a while to take care of this, and with the release of a new recording coming up I believe we really need to stop procrastinating about this issue. We both struggle financially as full-time musicians but understand how important having the best promotional tools can be. We will be releasing a new recording this spring 2011, that has been funded through a pledge drive on kickstarter.com.

I will be on Vashon Jan 11-23 to work on the recording project with her, and we would love to schedule a photo shoot with a photographer during that time frame. We would like to have some of the two of us together, and then also to take some of us individually so that we can use them for our individual work as well as the duo.
What would you charge for studio shots of us, and are you free in that time frame?

You can visit my websites:
www.katemacleod.com
www.myspace.com/katemacleodinfo
www.myspace.com/katemacleodandkateggleston