[pov] Re: Michael's hiatus

  • From: Rick Dahms <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:02:54 -0800

Michael,
I'm so sorry to hear about your family illness.

We've had a couple of situations come up in the last few years that could be described similarly. One of the first things I noticed in our situation was that a lot of simple, easy things were not getting done. And the family members that we would normally depend on for help were also caught up in the drama.

I hope you think enough of us to treat us as an extended family. If there's anything you need help with, errands downtown, groceries, feed the cat while you're away, board the dog.... whatever, please don't hesitate to use the list. Don't hesitate.

If nothing else, you've been spending a great deal of your time and energy for our benefit - please let us do the same.
Best,
Rick
Rick Dahms
206 463 3328
http://www.rickdahms.com/

On Nov 12, 2009, at 5:17 PM, Michael Elenko wrote:

Dear POV friends:

It is with sadness that I am announcing a personal hiatus from POV leadership and most activities. The sole reason is that I must devote myself to a sudden and serious family illness.

James Culbertson and I have met and charted out some upcoming POV agendas. I would really like one or two of you to step up and help James make things happen. POV is very much worth it: we learn useful methods, exhibit wonderful art, go out to vivid places to make photographs, and occasionally throw some damn fine parties.

I'm not going away, so I'll spare everyone a farewell. Expect my contributions to discussion threads, and maybe a few image posts now and then for my own mental health at least.

Your personal emails and phone calls are most welcome.  See you around.

ME

Cordially,
Michael Elenko
206-226-3315