[pov] Canon 5DmkII / 28-135 3.5-5.6 (non-L) lens question

  • From: James Culbertson <albion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 18:06:44 -0700

Shooting video with my Canon 5DmkII and a Canon 28-135 3.5-5.6 IS (non-L) lens:

5D is in manual mode and manual focus (IS is off) on lens.

In live view, Is it normal for this lens to shift brightness when one zooms in
and out? In live view, as I zoom in the image gets brighter in a stepwise
fashion (sounds like the aperture is adjusting internally, zoom out it gets
dimmer. I don't hear or see this when not in live view mode. ...trying to
figure out what is going on.

This does not happen with my 17-40 L lens.

Thanks,

James

pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

All replies default to the entire POV list.

To reply to the specific sender, make sure the sender's email address is the
only one in the To: field
of your email application.