[platypus-dev] run as root

  • From: Jak Piper <jpiper@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: platypus-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 19:00:37 +0100

v 4.2

I'm probably missing the point, but i need my bash shell script to run as root.

Root is not 'enabled'

I can of course run my script via sudo <script> and it works fine.

So, how can I do this with platypus?

Ticking 'requires admin privs' presents me with the dialog which I can
authenticate
with a local admin user, but this does not run the script as root.

Help?

other than that.. most excellent.. I have interactive dialog boxes via
Applescript working
well in my shell script, so alls good.

:)

they are addressed.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the
originator of the message.

states them to be the views of Cambridge Education Group.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed
by Sophos E-mail Filter appliance in conjunction with
virus detection software.