[platypus-dev] platypus in installer

  • From: Vincent Neyt <vn003@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: platypus-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:23:24 +0100

Hello Sveinbjorn,

I have been using your wonderful platypus software. I am working on a cd-rom that has an Apache Tomcat on it. Users have to install it and once it is up and running people can use my dynamic web application. For mac users, I have found a way to bundle the whole startup shell stuff in one nice Platypus app, so that users simply have to click the app to start everything up.
Now when i create the app, it works like a charm. but then when I compile my installer, and run that installer and start the app from the directory it has been installed in, it never works, and i cant get it to.
from your help file i have inserted the code to change the working directory to the directory where the app is, so that shouldnt be the problem.
the only thing i can imagine that might be causing this, is that maybe when I create the app, the directory structure is hard coded into the executable portion of the app, and doesn't work whenever it is installed into another directory.
Do you have any idea what the problem could be and how to solve it?

thank you in advance

Vincent Neyt
University of Antwerp,
Belgium