[platypus-dev] feature request: conditional exit

  • From: Doug Frick <dfrick@xxxxxxx>
  • To: platypus-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 23:54:55 -0600

It would be very useful if "Remain running after completion" had an
alternate option "Remain running only after failure" that would
depend on whether the script exited successfully or not. On success
the Platypus app would exit; on failure the Platypus app would remain
running.

I run applications in an automated environment and if I kept output
windows open I'd have hundreds of them. On the other hand, when an
app dies it would be useful to see what it was doing, and seeing a
stuck window would alert me that something has gone wrong.

That said, Platypus is truly great. I Googled for 3-4 hours
trying to find an Xcode equivalent of MetroWerks CodeWarrior's
SIOUX stdio library (which handles stdin/stdout/stderr in a text
window) with no luck until I found an article that mentioned
Platypus's text output window. Thank you very much! Platypus is
just what I needed.
--
Doug Frick
<mailto:dfrick@xxxxxxx>