[platypus-dev] Accepting dropped files and writing new files - Has anything changed since October? (no screenshot)

  • From: Lenny P. Robert <lenny.p.robert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: platypus-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 11:37:16 +0100

[Resent without screenshot, as the webview showed only the screenshot]

Hi,

I am stumped, I have a Perl script that accepts files as input, reads them and
writes a new file (in the same folder as the original file). Used Platypus to
create an application that accepts dropped files.

Last updated the Perl script six weeks ago (October), 'updated' my application
back then. The Perl script, run from the command line, and the application
created in October still work fine.

Now, using the very same Perl script Platypus creates an application but the
application does, so it seems, nothing apart from launching when I drop a file
on the new application.

Is there any special setting beyond the checkbox 'Accepts dropped items'? Or
why would what worked six weeks ago, now have stopped working? Any updates to
Perl, the OS, or Platypus since then (I am not 100% sure, my update to Mountain
Lion might have been after when Platypus last successfully created the
application).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Lenny