[pittsburghquake] Toggling Third Person View in Quake III Arena

  • From: "Jason D. Agostoni" <jasonda@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pittsburghquake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:18:20 -0500

A couple people asked about this so I am sending to the list.

If you want to see the game in third-person view instead of first-person view
then you need to do the following:

- Start playing a game (duh)
- Pull down the console (the ~ key will do it)
- Issue the following command: /toggle cg_thirdperson
- Hit ESC to cancel the console

You can simply repeat the above instructions to put your view back into
first-person.  If you want to bind a key just use the bind command:

bind x "toggle cg_thirdperson"

Replace x with your favorite binding key.  If you do this and properly quit
quake, it will save this binding for you.  Alternatively, you can save your
bindings in a file called "autoexec.cfg" stored in your baseq3 directory.

I'll try and send more scripting tips to the list.  Please let me know if I get
too annoying with them!

Jason

----
subject of unsubscribe

Visit the website: http://pittsburgh.servequake.com

To view the discussion list archives, please visit
//www.freelists.org/archives/pittsburghquake