[pittsburghquake] Re: Last night

  • From: "Agostoni, Jason D." <agostoni@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pittsburghquake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <pittsburghquake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 08:51:22 -0400

Sure.  It would be more fun if you guys got the retail version ... but I have
no problem switching to like team DM or CTF or even plain vanilla DM.  I agree
that the bots really do not do a whole lot .. but I can set their skill level
higher.  I tried out a few new techniques last night to get the ball to the
goal real fast.  Like if you have the ball and there is a clearing ahead, you
can shoot the ball away and then use your translocator to zoom to it really
quick.  It makes it difficult to catch someone that is doing that.

I also have found that a quick kill technique with the translocator is to
telefrag someone.  You get up behind them but off to one side.  You then shoot
the teleporter ahead of them in their direct path and then teleport right as
they step over the teleporter.  Telefrag! I got you (Matt) a few time doing
that when I had run out of ammo.

If we get more humans playing it will make it more fun.  I do want to try and
get the Linux server version running but it seems a little quirky.

So where's alchemist these days?