[phpa] Re: what is acceleration good for?

  • From: "Chris Padfield" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 05:53:02 -0800

On this subject I was wondering if it would be possible to actually enable
the phpaccelerator to cache output as an alternative (in memory). For
example, a very busy front page of a website could be cached in memory for
10 minutes and then rerun. When you set up the phpaccelerator you specified
which files you wanted to cache, and which files you wanted to cache the
output from giving a time limit on when you wanted the file refreshed.

Would a file stored in memory have much advantage than loading a static file
(ie a generate html file from a php page for example)? if so then this dual
system could be very useful.
Christopher Padfield
mailto:chris@xxxxxxxxxxx

             http://www.DeskPRO.com/
"Support your business by supporting your clients"