[phpa] Re: phpa tmp directory

  • From: "Nick Lindridge" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:29:42 -0000 (GMT)

> I cannot figure out which files were generated the
> latest since the timestamps are that of the original php script.

Look at the create times of the cache files. The modified time matches the
modified time of source files. The access time is first the cached time and
then the access time if it's accessed.

The presence of the cache files isn't needed once they're in the shm cache,
so you could remove all cache files if you want. When you restart apache, if
the cache file exists then the shm cache will get filled from the cache
file. If not, then the cache file will be generated first.

So what to do with ever increasing numbers of cache files? Maybe remove all
on a restart, or remove ones that haven't been accessed in a certain amount
of time, with that time being longer than the interval between restarts.
That should remove ones that will never ever be accessed again, on the basis
that cache files that do correspond to active scripts will be accessed to
repopulate the shm cache after a restart, but obsolete cache files will
never be accessed again.

nick