[phpa] Re: classes

  • From: Nick Lindridge <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:24:27 +0100

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 04:13:44PM +0200, Andrea Trasatti wrote:

> Hello,
>       I just downloaded phpa and I have to say that performance test are
> impressive.
>
> I enabled logs to see what happened and I noticed that it often has problems
> with classes. Is this a known issue? Should I try to isolate it to help
> debugging?

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the message. Please can you send the messages that you were
seeing as there are no known problems with classes, and also send as much
information as you can about your application. If you are using any
third party PHP libraries can you indicate these as well.

Especially as all previously known issues have been resolved a while ago,
it's very important to receive this feedback.  If you can send any
example code that will reproduce what you see then that will be very helpful.

This release does modify the compiled code in a few basic ways, but the
transformations should be safe so I don't believe that there's
an issue there.

> Also, what is the licesing system? Free to use? Will it ever be open source?

It may be at some point but not just yet. I'm keen to get a FreeBSD port
done in the mean time as there's been plenty of interest for that.

Cheers
Nick