[phpa] Re: Info on occasional problems for very busy sites

  • From: "Dmitri Snytkine" <message@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 10:46:45 -0500

My server hung twice since installing php-accelerator 1.2p3 on RedHat 6.22,
apache 1.3.19,
php-4.1.2 --with-FTP, --with-mnogosearch --with-zlib, --with-mySQL 3.23.49

Last time it hung during not busy time, at around 4 AM on Sunday.
Approximately around this time  the Apache server is restarting with
kill -HUP via crontab

Also, three options are noticeably absent:
1. would be nice to have an option to turn on or off checking for cached
script timestamp. To speed up the cache even more, on sites that don't
change php scripts too often, this should be turned off.

2. Option to reset the cache with a php function. I used to use Zend cache
before and it had the function reset_cache()

I just had a file reset.php with this one function and I could call this
file any time I needed to reset the cache.

3. Would be nice to have some sort of way to display the statistics of
cache, how may scripts are cached, how much memory is used, what scripts are
cached, number of hits, etc.
Again, with Zend cache, there was a function
var_dump(get_cache_statistics());
and var_dump(get_cached_scripts());

It used to display stats in simple text format on the page.

It would be very helpful to add at least the first two options.