[phpa] Re: Info on MySQL Driver/PHP 4.1.2 crash resolution

  • From: "Nick Lindridge" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:33:41 +0100 (BST)

> Yes, it seems I have this problem, too... would a new mySQL version
> help? atm I'm using the standard one of SuSE 7.2 (but a self compiled
> php 4.1.2, apache and so on...

Probably not. From the info I had, it was crashing in the PHP driver
itself, and within the code that tested whether or not the php function
shouldn use the implicit connection. So it requires a php fix, but it looks
like specifying the connection is a work around. You should be able to just
set your own php global when you make a connection and then access that
when you need it.