[phpa] Re: Blank Pages being served...

  • From: "Nick Lindridge" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <JHughes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:29:01 -0000 ()

> I remember reading something about this issue somewhere before but I
> can't find the solution now.
>
> We are getting blank pages served when phpa is activated.
>
> I'd appreciate any assistance.

This is often when source files change but at empty when phpa sees the time
change and recaches them as empty. This can happen when source files are on
nfs, or when files are uploaded via ftp, and when a site is busy. In this
case, source files should be changed atomically, i.e. upload with a
different name, and then renamed to the desired source file name. The
updated source then appears atomically and not as a partial file.

That's the main cause and way to avoid it. Drop me an email off list if you
suspect that it's another scenario.

nick