[phoenixdiy] Re: Recycled-parts DIY Semi-Recumbent

  • From: Michael Elliott <opporknockitytunes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 12:34:58 -0700

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Diva Drumma <drum-core@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This sounds pretty cool and I'd be up for coming to this.
> Also good to get in touch with peeps at Bike Saviours in Tempe and
> Rusty Spoke downtown.

Well, if there is interest I can try.  However, if I were to do
anything at all in a "live" sense, I couldn't schedule it more than a
week in advance, and likely not even that far.

If a live version doesn't work because of that, it can still be
discussed by interested parties via the list or via the comment
function on the blog itself.

My biggest problem is that so far all of the actual get togethers have
either been on days I have to work, or in the east valley on days
right before I have to work in the morning, and getting back from that
area would take several hours, leaving me with too little sleep to
function at work the next day.

Because of the way Petco makes it's work schedules, I cannot plan
anything further than the current week.  Sometimes the schedule is out
by the Thursday or Friday of the week before it is active, but often
it is not finalized until the Saturday before (it is for Sunday thru
Saturday).

My schedule changes every week, sometimes with lots of days off (and
thus very little pay) and sometimes with only two (but very rare).
The days and times I work change, so I might work morning shifts some
days and evenings others, with the next week different days and times
on those days.

So again, as long as everyone could still show up with only possibly a
couple of days' notice (and at most a week's), and a place could be
had with that little notice, then I could try this.

Michael Elliott
Cybernetic Necromancers, Discorporated
Phoenix, AZ
Watch Me Build An Elecric Bike From Recycled Junk:
http://electricle.blogspot.com

ReThink, RePurpose, ReUse.™

To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. --Thomas Edison
You've received this message via Phoenix DIY:
http://sternlab.org/phoenixdiy
phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you're a maker, hacker, or crafter in the Phoenix metro area, join us for
our monthly meetings!

To unsubscribe or edit your subscription settings, please visit:
//www.freelists.org/list/phoenixdiy