[phoenixdiy] Phoenix DIY Thanks and Announcement

  • From: "Joshua Campbell" <jcampbell.joshua@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:44:17 -0700

Hey All:

Thanks to everyone who came out to the meeting on Thursday. And thanks
again to the ALERT team for demonstrating their sweet robots. I hope
everyone learned something.

I'm also pleased to announce the first annual Phoenix DIY T-Shirt
Contest! Like most t-shirt contests, the goal is to develop a logo for
our Phoenix DIY group. The execution, however, takes a turn from the
norm. Since we are a DIY group, an entry into the t-shirt contest
should reflect the creator's individual style and taste. So, we ARE
NOT going to chose a winning logo and print a bunch of shirts.
Instead, each participant can design their logo and the decorate their
own shirt with that logo. You can work in whatever medium you want:
silk-screen, magic marker, tempura paint, glitter, whatever. We're
even flexible on the t-shirt part. Just turn your garment of choice
into a statement of your pride in being a do-it-yourselfer. We'll have
a, er, "fashion show" at the May meeting to let everybody show off
their creations. So get cracking! We're looking forward to seeing
everyone's effort.

Have fun. Be safe.

Josh

--
"A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the
dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog." -Jack London

If you're a maker, hacker, or crafter in the Phoenix metro area, join us for
our monthly meetings!

To unsubscribe or edit your subscription settings, please visit:
//www.freelists.org/list/phoenixdiy