[phoenixdiy] Next meeting?

  • From: "Michael Elliott" <opporknockitytunes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 19:37:39 -0700

I'd posted this as a reply to this blog post:
http://sternlab.org/phoenixdiy/?p=35
but apparently it's still awaiting moderation to even be posted; I'll
assume that means it hasn't been read yet, either.  :-)

Since I realized I ought to actually be posting it to the list
instead, anyway, and so far there've been no posts on the list since I
subscribed to it, here it is:

**********************************
This sounds like a fun and interesting group; I'd like to try coming
to a meeting (or more). I suppose the next one won't be till toward
the end of April? I missed this last one only because I didn't know
PhoenixDIY even existed until last night, when a friend suggested I go
to a meeting and pointed me at this site.

I've been a DIYer for as long as I can remember, and a pretty good
scrounger and re-purposer. If there are things needed for the
meeting(s) let me know so I can see what I have and bring it along (on
the trailer if need be). I joined the mailing list last night; haven't
seen any posts come in yet.

I bicycle everywhere, so hopefully the next meeting will be close
enough to Metrocenter to get there and back on a bike. :-) Conspire is
close enough to go to as long as I don't have to go anywhere the next
day (about 10 miles, ~1.5 hours, each way). Since I haven't yet
finished building the motor and controller for the bike, it's all
pedal power for me. :-)

If you're curious about what I do and have done, in case it helps you
know if I'd be useful:
My recycled-parts e-bike blog: http://opporknockitytunes.blogspot.com
My 2D-3D artwork / SF props / etc page: http://members.cox.net/amberwolf/
My music composition site: http://members.cox.net/opporknockitytunes/
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=675355

Michael Elliott
Cybernetic Necromancers, Discorporated
Phoenix, AZ
E-Bicycle Conversion Blog: http://opporknockitytunes.blogspot.com
You've received this message via Phoenix DIY:
http://sternlab.org/phoenixdiy
phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you're a maker, hacker, or crafter in the Phoenix metro area, join us for
our monthly meetings!

To unsubscribe or edit your subscription settings, please visit:
//www.freelists.org/list/phoenixdiy