[phoenixchoralesc] Re: Nov. 21 concert

  • From: Fernando Hinojosa <fhinojosa93@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixchoralesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 09:08:00 -0400

It's true - we lost quite a few singers over the summer. We really should
gauge how many members are willing to commit on Nov. 21. I am in favor of
sending an email requesting sign-ups for that concert, along with a
physical sign-up sheet at our next meeting.

Regarding music: Deirdre? What do you think? I don't think I can contribute
a suggestion on this end.. But we should certainly err on the safe side.

Finally: maybe I don't have a good sense for this, but: I think that even
if we can wrangle just nine singers, we will probably sound fine. Wasn't
that similar to our turnout for St. Nicholas @ Scarborough? Anyway, that is
certainly more of a Deirdre question; besides, we can't really do much more
than hypothesize without a rough idea from our sign-up sheet efforts.

Fernando

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 9:02 PM, Margaret L. Merrill <mloringme@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Evening all,

I am in a quandary - we want to do a concert in two months - November 21,
most likely at Skillins in Falmouth. To make a success of it we need
members and commitments and to know what we will be singing - hopefully
music we are familiar with since two months is not a lot of time. Last
Thursday a total of nine singers assembled. We have recently heard from two
of our regulars - Linda Carleton (soprano) and Julie Caniff (alto), that
both will be away for the coming week(s). Elissa is no longer singing with
us and I wonder about the Remage-Healey duo. Should I send an email out to
the PC roster about Nov. 21 and a need to attend and commit to singing for
the coming weeks? What if we do not achieve a doable number of singers? Or
should we proceed with the expectation we will have a good number of
singers able and willing to commit to regular rehearsals?

Thanks for your thoughts and insights to come.
Margaret

Margaret L. Merrill, EdD
*Early Childhood Instructor*
*University of Southern Maine at Lewiston Auburn *
*USM ETEP/TEAMS Field Supervisor*
37 College Avenue
8 Bailey Hall
Gorham, ME 04038