[phoenixchorale] Carmen chorus auditions with PortOpera

  • From: Deirdre McClure <dmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixchorale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 14:23:08 -0500

Hi all,

Some grammar issues in this announcement but I am passing along anyway! Please forward to any singer friends you have.

-Deirdre

--
**

*Chorus Auditions for */*CARMEN*/

PORTopera’s mainstage production of /*Carmen*///is excited to feature our community of singers young and old alongside some of the finest singers, director, and conductor in the country. Don’t miss your chance to be a part of this year’s dynamic cast!

*Adult Chorus: *

Auditions with Chorus Master Dr. Robert Russell will be held on:

April 30, 2016, from 10:00 am - 12:00 noon

Location: Williston-Immanuel Church, 156 High St., Portland, Maine.

Prepare to sing an aria or song in French of about 2 minutes duration. An excerpt from a long aria is OK. While the chorus will be largely comprised of adult men and women, there are also opportunities for teens to participate and they are encouraged to audition. An accompanist will be provided. Please email Portoperachorus@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:Portoperachorus@xxxxxxxxx>to schedule an appointment.

*Children's Chorus: *

Auditions with Children’s Chorus Master Sarah Bailey will be held on:

Friday, March 11, 2016 from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm

Saturday, March 12, from 9:00 am - 12:00 noon

Location: West Falmouth Baptist Church, 18 Mountain Rd., Falmouth Maine.

Prepare a song of your choice OR come prepared to sing "Happy Birthday." We are seeking a dedicated and diverse group of boys (with treble voices) and girls, ages 9 and up. An accompanist will be provided. Contact Sarah Bailey at snbailey78@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:snbailey78@xxxxxxxxx> for an appointment.

Musical rehearsals will take place in June for the Adult Chorus and in May and June for the children’s chorus. Staging rehearsals at Merrill Auditorium with Artistic Director Dona D. Vaughn will begin no earlier than July 6th and will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays (likely evenings) and Saturdays and Sundays (anytime day/evening). Performances of /*Carmen*/will be July 27^& 29, 2016. Attendance is mandatory.