[phoenix-project] Re: libcomedi

  • From: "Pramode C.E." <pramode_ce@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenix-project@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 17:38:26 +0100 (BST)

Hello,

> Please Pramod, have you already written some code as
> a comedi kernel
> driver ? If so, I'd prefer add something to what you
> already wrote. On

I tested out a dummy driver yesterday - it seems to
be fairly easy to write - I might be able to port the
whole thing to COMEDI; only problem is time - I
also have another higher priority task at hand and
that is writing some entry-level user docs without
which it would be difficult for novices to use the
device.

I am forming the outline of some user-level
documentation - any suggestions regarding use of
specific tools for writing the docs (plain old LaTeX,
plain HTML, LyX,
Scribus, OpenOffice, DocBook ...). Also, any
suggestions
regarding the structure of the documentation? (I
had once seen the stamps-in-class curriculum,
http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/edu/index.asp
- they seem to have produced some really nice
educational material).

I think we also need more experiments
(the difficult
thing is identifying experiments which can be
done *without* using expensive and often
hard-to-obtain
sensors - the only kind of sensors which can be
purchased without too much difficulty here in India
are (a) basic heat sensors (b) light - LDR,
phototransistor, stuff like that) - any suggestions
in this regard? Would it be possible to identify
experiments in the fields of Earth/environment
sciences (Phoenix controlled weather station - a
simple wind speed measuring instrument which generates
rotational movement the speed of which can be measured
using some photo sensor + digital input pins; some
setup to measure humidity - things of that sort),
Chemistry, Biology, Industrial control and
even basic electronics (software `gates' using
digital input+output pins, `analog computers' using
OP-AMPS ...)

Regards,
Pramode