[phoenix-project] Upgrading from Firmware 1.0 to 1.1

  • From: ozhan fenerci <o_fenerci@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Phoenix-project <phoenix-project@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 17:41:32 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Everyone,
The ExpEYES box bought two years ago has a firmware version 1.0. The new ones
bought two months ago have the firmware version 1.1. Recently, I have been
trying to interface SRF05 ultrasonic sensor. I have been informed that there is
a python command to interface with ultrasonic sensor with ExpEYES firmware 1.1.
There are nice experiments carried out and explained by Mr. Praveen, who used
ultrasonic sensors to investigate coupled pendulums
(http://www.gnovi.in/coupled-pendulums/). My questions are as follows:
1) How to upgrade firmware from 1.0 on Pic microcontroller to 1.1? I think the
steps are a) compile "eyes.c" (firmware 1.1) and burn "eyes.hex" to Pic by any
Pic loader such as pickit3.
2) The most high schools  in my country (Turkey) are using an interface box
called Nova5000 (http://fourieredu.com/store/products/nova5000-data-logger/),
which are already out of date and thrown out aside by teachers  but they have
nice sensor kit. One sensor is ultrasonic sensor made from Polaroid 6500 module
(http://inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ee40/calbot/sensor_datasheets/6500series.pdf)
and the other is a waterproof temperature sensor
(http://hpcatalyst.northwestern.edu/assets/Temperature25110DT029.pdf). The  one
comes with expeyes kit is NTC 1000 Ohm thermistor.

2-a) The ExpEYES user manual shows how to carry out temperature measurement
with PT100 and there is already GUI for PT100 sensor. But there is no GUI for
NTC sensor. I wonder where  I can find NTC parameters for this  thermistor
coming with ExpEYES kit  to rewrite the "PT100.py" to adapt the experiment for
NTC sensor. I found the parameters from one site
(http://smartphonedaq.com/100106.page). I would like to write a GUI for that so
students can use NTC100 thermistor before trying to use PT100. Has anybody
written a GUI for NTC100?
Thanking you all for providing nice information how to make LM35 waterproof.

Best Regards,Ozhan