[phoenix-project] Re: Fwd: [Edu-sig] New Python MOOC on Coursera with 100% CC-BY Materials and Book

  • From: "Pramode C.E" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenix-project@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 15:15:45 +0530

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 2:02 PM, ganesh h <ganeshredcobra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was also thinking the same sir. Recently edx had a course on
> embedded systems using Tiva board.

It is a good course - many of my students are doing it! Only downside
is it is based on MS-Windows.

> IUAC can also do such a program
> with the help of community members and register a MOOC on embedded
> systems using MicroHOPE board and ExpEyes.

Recently a lot of organizations (including the Linux Foundation) had
joined the EdX initiative - so I think it should be possible for IUAC
also to join. But the problem is creating a meaningful, good quality
online course is a *massive* effort. But if somebody can pull this
off, the impact can be very high!

Another approach would be to partner with NPTEL - they have recently
started offering a MOOC (on basic C programming + data structures and
algorithms) - they would surely be interested in an exciting and
innovative strategy to teach Physics/Electronics/Embedded systems
using ExpEyes/MicroHope!