[phoenix-project] Expeyes library complying with Python3

  • From: Georges Khaznadar <georges.khaznadar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenix-project@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 22:56:20 +0200

Dear developers of the mailing list "phoenix-project",

I committed some changes to the source of Expeyes libraries, which
require probably some testing.

Python2 has entered its end of life, it should probably be maintained no
longer than year 2020. So I am trying to make the libraries usable with
both Python2 and Python3.

Please can you make a try? The archive can be dowloaded from our source
repository, from the URI
https://github.com/expeyes/expeyes-programs/archive/v3.4.0.zip

If you uncompress this archive, and enter the subdirectory eyes-junior,
you should be able to launch the command "python3 croplus.py" (of
course, you must install a recent version of Python3, and plug your
Expeyes-junior device).

The behaviour of the software should be the same, whether you call it as
"python croplus.py" or "python3 croplus.py", with no change in the
source.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Previous versions are of course still available from github; for example
the last stable version can be downloaded from
https://github.com/expeyes/expeyes-programs/archive/v3.3.2.zip

Best regards, Georges.