[phoenix-project] Re: ExpEYES Junior User Manual- 2 problems with experiments

  • From: Roopesh P Raj <roopesh.praj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ozhan fenerci <o_fenerci@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 16:07:37 +0530

Any answer to this query?

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 4:37 PM, ozhan fenerci <o_fenerci@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hello Everybody,

I have problems with two experiments, which are mentioned in expEYES
Junior Manual. Which are:

5.3) Velocity of Sound Experiment
I am doing the experiment 5.3 of ExpEYES Junior manual, which aims at
determining the velocity of sound by phase differences. The experiment
doesn't give a consistent data. For example, the manual claims that there
should be 2 cm change in distance when the the phase changed from 176 to
102. For example in my experiment, the change in distance from 4cm to 6cm
gives the change in phase from 188 to 152; from 6cm to 8cm gives the change
in phase from 131 to 70 degree. In the first case, 2cm change gives 36
degree phase difference; In second case, 2 cm change gives 61 degree
difference. Calculating a velocity of sound gives two different results,
which are far away from each other. When I did the experiment, I followed
the methods as mentioned in lab manual such as keeping the mic and the
Piezo on the same axis.

6.4) Temperature Measurement, PT100
In this experiment, we need to use an external DC amplifier (OP27). My
questions are as follows:
a) The temperature probe coming with expEYES (I bought mine from
'Fabtolab') has no protective casing as shown in (
http://expeyes.in/cooling-of-water ). I wonder that It is submersible
into the water?
b) I haven't found any amplifier with a brand name OP27 as mentioned in
manual. Could 741 opamp be swapped by it?
c) Is it possible to use any temperature probe other than PT100. Because
using a opamp makes difficult for students.

Best Regards,
Ozhan