philoSOPHIA: a feminist society Re: call for papers

  • From: Nikki Moore <nikki.moore@xxxxxxx>
  • To: philosophia-afs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:05:10 -0500

kelly, hello
I think the email below was headed to someone else other than me..?
best of luck!
nikki moore

On Jun 18, 2009, at 3:50 PM, Kelly Oliver wrote:

Dear Sarah,

I have been holding on to this call for papers. I am starting a project on images of pregnancy in recent hollywood films. Would this be something you
might be interested in for this issue?

Best,
Kelly

On 5/7/09 7:53 PM, "Sarah LaChance Adams"
<daughterofwayneandnancy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Call for Papers

“Philosophical Inquiry into Pregnancy, Childbirth and Mothering”

Philosophy has only begun to recognize the significance of pregnancy,
childbirth and mothering. Philosophical inquiry into these phenomena has the potential to challenge long-held views about the nature of subjectivity, freedom, ethics, embodiment, and more. We are seeking philosophical essays that illuminate the character and meaning of pregnancy, childbirth and mothering; that reflexively challenge conventional philosophical views; and
that renew our sense of wonder about these phenomena.

Guidelines for Contributions:
Please submit completed papers.
Papers should be approximately 11,000 words.
Please include a 100 word abstract, a 100 word biography and your Curriculum
Vitae.

Papers should be in MS Word (.doc) format.
Please submit materials as attachments to:
MotheringAnthology@xxxxxxxxx

Due: Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Acceptances will be issued by Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thank you for your interest!
Sarah LaChance Adams
Caroline Lundquist

--
Kelly Oliver
W. Alton Jones Professor

Nikki Moore
European Graduate School, Phd Candidate
www.egs.edu

S.M.Arch.S
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, (MIT)

Prosthetics
philosophy & theory blog
http://prosthetics.wordpress.com