[philly_igda] Game Demo meeting item

  • From: Al Vazquez <al.vazquez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: philly_igda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:47:45 -0400

So, in thinking about our meetings, we've got a few things that we do:

*Roundtable
*Presentation
*Q&A

I think we can discuss how to make each of these better so we can all
get more out of the meetings, but I'd like to propose another thing we
can do at meetings: game demos.

We all play games, a lot, but we don't ever play any games together, I
mean, we don't have games at the meetings and we're a group of game
developers. So I'd like to propose that on top of people proposing
presentation topics and discussion topics and taking responsibility for
keeping a Q&A session going, that people should also propose a game to
play with or demo to the group.

The game can be of any type: computer, console, card, board, physical
(get up outta yo' chair and move), miniatures, pen-and-paper, etc.

I propose the demo should be about 15 minutes long, with the presenter
explaining the rules, the strategy, and getting other people involved to
play and/or to watch. After that, another 15 minutes of discussion about
the game should happen.

What does everyone think about this format? Should we begin to
incorporate this into our meetings?

--Al