[perc-implementation] Re: Integrating custom double perc impl with jitsi

  • From: Sergio Garcia Murillo <sergio.garcia.murillo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: perc-implementation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 17:58:36 +0200

On 11/04/2017 14:46, Emil Ivov wrote:

so

    chrome doesn't enable it. I feel that it is better to wait until
    the ID
    negotiation (or at least being announced the extension on the SDP) is
    done than hacking chrome to enable it by default.

I am confused. Didn't you add support for this yourself? Could you please explain to me why having it on by default for the sake of testing is problematic?

Because adding support didn't require to change the sdp negotiation nor the enabling/disabling the usage of each extension based on the sdp negotiation. I was just needed to implement the serialization/parsing and registering the extension type.

We are obviously going to add this but Boris is currently working on websocket datachannels so it would be a week or two before we get to this and I was under the impression that timing is critical in this project.

I hoped that it was going to be sooner than that, that's why I thought it was worthy to wait. I will be on Easter break from Thursday to next Tuesday, but I will try to make it work tomorrow and give it a quick test.

Best regards
Sergio