p_W_l_b Why I believe your vote counts.

  • From: frank perry <frankperry2011@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: people_who_love_books@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 10:27:20 +1000

Firstly, this is definitely not any attempt to influence your vote for
the Australian federal election

I will not be telling you who to vote for but why your vote will count.

Never before in Australia's history has the disabled vote been as
important as will be demonstrated in the coming years.

National disability insurance scheme through Disability Care Australia
has launched in several regions and is expected to be fully national
by 2020.

Under the framework of the scheme every single individual disabled
person should be able to receive the services the person needs.

It is hoped that NDIS as it is called will deliver better individual
based services.

This doesn't mean organisations who already provide services do not
have their place.

In fact, there are many arguments people could put to say that
organisations will need to unsure they are in a good position to
advocate on behalf of individuals who need specific services for that
individual.

Whilst it is true all parties support NDIS it will be interesting to
see how they will differ on funding the scheme.

Both major parties are at least agreed on the medicare levy being
used, but I'm also open to changes to super fund laws being changed.

Let me give you a classic example.

If a politician doesn't win his or her seat but they've been in
politics for a certain time, they can still walk away there and then
and immediately access super entitlements.

Unless your super fund has a disability insurance and then you
absolutely have to prove you can't be employed because of your sudden
disability, it's extremely hard to access any entitlements.

Oh yes Frank, I know I'm talking from personal experiences here and
that means I'm going to lean in this direction, but should we only
rely on the medicare levy to fund NDIS or DCA?

Believe it or not there are industry super funds out there who would
love to invest money in NDIS, it's all about marketing after all.

People may say wasn't this just a books list, why are you using it for
political or social comentry and isn't that against free lists
guidelines and so on?

We've already started witnessing organisations closing services and it
may be they have perfectly good and reasons which they can clearly
justify.

I seriously doubt they could justify closing their libraries because
after all these libraries are very special services in that you can
submit a magazine article you want in a certain format and although it
may take some time for them to create that format, you can at least
then have that magazine in an accessible format.

This also applies to manuals.

For instance, I believe the talking set top box manuals are now in
daisy format and it would be difficult to get that sort of service
from a shire.

As I explained at the beginning of this message, I'm not here to tell
you who to vote for or how to fill out your vote, that's not what this
is about.

All the information is or will soon be out in the public domain
telling us how the 2 major parties are going to fund NDIS?

Questions we can only answer ourselves.

Which party will really listen both to individuals and the
organisations who represent them?

Which party will at least make an attempt at looking at alternatives
other than Medicare to fund DCA?

Will those parties listen to individuals who may not have the full
solution but have some idea of other alternatives to funding NDIS?

Which party will give adequate funding to individuals as well as
organisations who represent them?

You alone will have to make these decisions and that is why I believe
your vote is important.

The issues I've outlined have more importance to you than any other
local, state or federal issue at present.

Your needs are individual and unique to you individually, but as an
individual this will be your chance to insure that the best party with
the best individual and organisational funding packages are delivered
to you as an individual and also to the organisations who represent
you and your individual needs.

If you can't find the information but you want it to come your way, I
can help you here.

You will get both sides of politics, the similarities and the
differences and believe me there are some differences.

To keep everything fair, my preference is to give anyone who asks for
this information off list.

Please, feel free to drop me a line at my email address.

frankperry2011@xxxxxxxxx

--
Stay positive.
****

Stay positive.

Disclaimer.

List administrators, owners and moderators assume no liability or
responsibility or accountability
for any persons who may receive a virus as a result of emailing this list nor
for any parties who
may choose to take personal information list members disclose and then  use
this personal
information for any purposes including marketing or scamming purposes.  List
administrators
moderators and owners are unable to assist with any complaints should any list
members receive
private email which is not welcome in their inbox as a result of subscribing to
this list, nor for list
members who disclose any personal information which can be viewed on the free
lists public
archives.

****

to leave the people who love books list.

Open your email browser.

In the too field of a new message type the following email address.

people_who_love_books-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the subject line, only one word is needed.  Unsubscribe.

Don't put anything in the body of the message.

You receive a confirmation email.

Be sure to reply to this email leaving everything in the body of the message in
tact.

You do not have to add anything else to the body of the message.

To contact the list amdinistrators or list owners or moderators.

Send your email too.

  frankperry2011@xxxxxxxxx

Alternatively, send your email to.

 people_who_love_books-moderator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To set vacation mode.

Send email too.

people_who_love_books-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Only one word vacation needs to be in the subject line, nothing is needed in
the body of the
message.

Reply to any confirmation email leaving the body of the message in tact.
To post your email to the whole list.

Send your email including a subject line too.

people_who_love_books@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

All email from this list will have a subject prefix.  p_w_l_b

As a default, all replies to all posts go to the whole list.