[pediatriceducationnews] PediatricEducation.org New Cases for February 2011

  • From: Michael D'Alessandro <michael-dalessandro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pediatriceducationnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 15:12:52 -0600

Dear PediatricEducation.org Patrons,

During February, we added 4 new cases to PediatricEducation.org. Also in case you missed our announcement, on February 14th we published our 300th case!

The cases in February are:

February 7, 2011 - What Diseases are Spread Directly by Rodents?
http://www.pediatriceducation.org/2011/02/07

February 14, 2011 - What Causes a Bulging Anterior Fontanelle?
http://www.pediatriceducation.org/2011/02/14

February 21, 2011 - What Causes Rhabdomyolysis?
http://www.pediatriceducation.org/2011/02/21

February 28, 2011 - When Will I Know Which Hand She Will Use?
http://www.pediatriceducation.org/2011/02/28

Teaching and Learning Tips:
Looking for a case about a particular disease? Maybe you want to initially learn about it or you want to see other patients that are similar to something you saw in the clinic? Use the Cases by Disease archive. The archive is organized based on the National Library of Medicine's MedlinePlus's® Health Topics that has more than 700 different diseases and problems. See: http://www.pediatriceducation.org/casesbydisease

Did you want to give, or help your learner find a review article? In each case there is an automated Pubmed literature search of relevant review articles. Just click the hyperlink and the search is automatically performed. See the "To Learn More" section towards the end of each case.

Send your suggestions for a new case to:
http://www.pediatriceducation.org/sendcomments

Respectfully,

Donna M. D'Alessandro, M.D. and Michael P. D'Alessandro, M.D.
Curators, PediatricEducation.org

An archive of this list is available at
//www.freelists.org/archives/pediatriceducationnews

The moderator of this list is michael-dalessandro@xxxxxxxxx