[pedevel] Re: keywords files.

  • From: "BiPolar" <BiPolar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:28 -0300 ART

Oliver Tappe wrote:

> > Ah, ok. I will look into the performance of keyword-highlighting a bit
> > deeper tonight.
>
> I have done that now and got reminded just how bad BString.SetTo() is
> implemented. Avoiding it gives a performance boost of factor *70* with
> keywords.cpp (parsing now takes ~2000us instead of ~145000us).
>
> Oscar, I hope things are back to feeling fast now?

Now even those insanely big files from the XFree86's SiS drivers I'm digging in
seems to get loaded before I end releasing the finger after a double click...

Fast enough for me :-P

(from previous mail:)
> Oscar, thanks for the heads up (again).

It seems I'm only good at spotting problems (no Axel? :-)).

Thanks to you Oliver, and thanks for the other fixes as well!.

Yours,

Oscar.