[pedevel] Re: hosting [...]

  • From: Oliver Tappe <pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 19:57:00 +0200

Hi there,

On 2005-10-21 at 14:03:19 [+0200], Axel Dörfler wrote:

> since BeUnited seems to be dead since weeks, would it be possible to
> switch to another hosting solution?

Yeah, it's been the second time round and is indeed a bit unfortunate.

> It's a bit unfortunate to stop development of Pe in such a way, and we
> wouldn't need to leave the BeUnited umbrella or something, just have
> better and more reliable hosting.

Don't really know what will be left of the BeUnited umbrella once we move
to another hosting (as the mailing list are hosted elsewhere, too), but I
don't mind keeping Pe as BU-project (whatever that actually means...), as
long as we find a reliable hoster.

On 2005-10-21 at 19:21:34 [+0200], Rainer Riedl wrote:

> > since BeUnited seems to be dead since weeks, would it be possible to
> > switch to another hosting solution?
>
> Did you contact them, did anyone answer?!

Don't know about Axel, but I just asked Simon (minutes ago) what's going on
with the CVS-server. The first mail bounced (as bu doesn't seem to accept
mails either), so I sent it again to another address.
This fact (none-functioning mail-server) may be seen as a second indicator
of exactly how reliable BU's services are, and I suppose that the most
important thing for project Pe is to have reliable hosting, so I'm all for
a switch.

> If nobody cares over there, how about Sourceforge? They seem to be quite
> reliable. Oli?!

As I see it, it's either sourceforge (cvs) or berlios (subversion). I'm
personally more familiar with sf and cvs, but wouldn't mind going with
subversion.
I can't judge how good the service at berlios is, but I'm sure someone else
will be able to share a light on this...Axel, Ingo?

cheers,
        Oliver