[pedevel] The current state of Pe CVS

  • From: Oliver Tappe <pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:10:02 +0100

Hi everyone,

I finally managed to get some work done with Pe's CVS:

- I have integrated Rainer's BONE patches so that Pe can now be compiled
  under BONE, too.
- Several warnings have been fixed, with only a couple more to go before
  make runs cleanly.
- Several contributions by Oscar Lesta (BiPolar) have been added to CVS:
        + syntax-highlighting for two more languages, x86-asm and lua
        + improved highlighting of hex-numbers in C/C++ and Pascal
        + the BeBookFetch extension, which looks up the selection in the BeBook.

Pe currently supports two different build-systems, make and jam. The
jam-based build environment isn't complete yet (in some folders, it
delegates the work to the make-system).

My personal view is that we should complete Andrew's work on the jam-system
and then drop the make-system afterwards, as it doesn't really make sense
to support two different build-systems.

Please shout if you think that's a bad idea.

cheers,
        Oliver