[pedevel] Re: A little icon vote...

  • From: Rainer Riedl <mlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 20:25:53 +0200

G'evening,

> As I do not want to risk making such a decision on my own (I'm hopeless
> when it comes to producing or even judging graphics), I thought it'd be
> best to let everyone have a look and decide by vote...

Good idea :-)
But I do not vote as I'm a little biased ;-))

Anyway, meanwhile I made a script that creates the icons from SVG-graphics
but I'm not satisfied sofar. Some look great (eg the checkmark) and some
don't (eg the pencil). Does anyone know a good commandline SVG-renderer
(other than imagemagick) that does a good job at small sizes?!

Anyway doing them this way would give us the possibility to introduce other
icon sizes eg 20x20 or 24x24 as 16x16 tends to get small when using screen
resolutions like 1400x1050 and up