[PDANUG] Event Reminder - Tuesday, September 9th, 2008

  • From: "Page Brooks" <pagebrooks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pdanug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 12:46:13 -0400

 *Tuesday, September 9th, 2008
Brian Hitney**
*

 * Topic: Introduction to ASP.NET MVC
*

Tuesday, September 9th, 2008, is the next meeting of the Pee Dee Area .NET
User Group.

  Brian Hitney will give us an introduction to ASP.NET
MVC<http://www.asp.net/mvc>and how this affects the way you write
ASP.NET applications.  ASP.NET MVC is an alternative to the commonplace Web
Forms framework.  It helps to promote the following:

   - Clear separation of concerns
   - Testability - support for Test-Driven Development
   - Fine-grained control over HTML and JavaScript
   - Intuitive URLs

*
Brian Hitney*
I graduated in mid 90's from Plattsburgh State University (New York) and
have worked for major companies including Group W Network Services,
Scholastic, Inc., and Coldwater Creek, Inc. Currently, I'm a *developer
evangelist* (DE) for *Microsoft*, working in the Carolinas region. You can
meet me at various locations around North and South Carolina, where I'll be
interacting and presenting content to developers, communities, and
companies. Prior to my DE role, I worked on a Windows Vista team in Redmond,
Washington.

Blog: www.structuretoobig.com

Here is the tentative schedule:
6:00 PM - 6:20 PM Socializing / Free Dinner
6:20 PM - 6:30 PM Introduction, Sponsor Time, and News.
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM Presentations

  <http://www.eventbrite.com/event/162050698>