Re: [PCWorks] Windows 7 keeps saying I don't have admin authority to do something!

  • From: Browning Larry <larryb227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 19:28:43 -0400

Good to hear from you Hugh and by the way I love Annapolis as I use to live in
Harwood many years ago.
Great place-very quaint
I give your suggestion a try and thanks
LarryB

On May 30, 2015, at 7:17 PM, Hugh Vandervoort <hughva@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's easy to move your files to the new profile;just use explorer to drag
and drop. First, though, check in Control Panel/User Accounts to be sure
your account says "Administrator. Do this from the new account so you can
make the change.
Annapolis, MD
My Birding Blog
http://hughvandervoort.com/

On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 2:01 PM, Browning Larry <larryb227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi guys,
I have a laptop with Windows 7 installed and when I want to download and
install something like a printer driver update, it say I don't have admin
authority etc.

Can't figure as I'm the only one that ever used this unit.

I did do this:
Start>accessories>command prompt, right click then enter
Net user administrator/active:yes
then restart
(got this from internet)
This did make me admin but in a new account so nothing moved over that I
had before.
So really of no use to me.
I work using my original log in from the beginning when I bought the
software.

Thanks for any input you can give me.
(clint, I remember the footers ha)

LarryB