Re: [PCWorks] Odd behavior of file type-associated program

  • From: Ben Moore <bgml46@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:07:13 -0400

How did you associate TextPad with .txt files?  Did you do it in the program
or did you do it in Win7 control panel applet?  Somehow TextPad isn't
getting the parameters of the open command which is the file name you want
to open. If you did the association within Textpad I would try to do it in
the control panel applet "Default Programs."  If you did it in the Win
control panel, I would try use the file association preferences in TextPad.

I took a quick look at the TextPad website.  They have a user forum.  Your
problem doesn't seem to be widespread.  You might want to ask in their forum
if you can't solve it.

Ben Moore