Re: [PCWorks] How you can print something from an email WITHOUT having to print that header at the top that has your name, email address, subject, date, etc.?

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 13:20:13 -0600

Just to be clear, I DO HAVE the headers, I want to get RID of
them, I don't want to print them.  That info appears to be the
other way around.  But anyway, those two areas in that
screenshot ("headers & footers") are blank anyway.  I can't
even set top & bottom margins to "0", .118 is the smallest.

I don't think it has anything to do with margins, I think it's
more of the 'header & footer thing', but from what I've seen
when printing, what I'm talking about isn't your typical header
& footer as printing dialogs describe.  If that info is there
in the box when printing a webpage for example, the URL is
printed at the bottom, and maybe the top too.  Go to print
something in OE and you can see what I'm talking about.  In
this email for example, it would print this at the top:

From: "Ben Moore"

I looked for it too and couldn't find it. Here is another page
with a work
around for the bug.
http://www.lancelhoff.com/missing-message-header-of-outlook-express-messages
/ .  It looks like IE sets the printer options for OE. He's
setting page
margins is Internet explorer. I wasn't aware of that myself.

I think the bug originated in IE7 though.  Are you trying to be
the last
person on the planet to run IE6?  Maybe MS will give you some
sort of award.
Sort of like Volvo awarding people who get 500,000 miles out of
their cars.
;-)

Seriously though, I think you are out of luck on this one.  You
might try
playing with the margin settings in IE6 and see if it has any
effect.

Ben

From: "Ben Moore"

Hi Clint,

I can't remember what you are running. Still IE7 and OE 5.5?  I
found this
in the MS knowledge base.  Apparently not printing the header
was a bug for
a while if you chose "shrink to fit". If you haven't updated
maybe it's
still a bug. ;-)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931657/en-us?spid=8722

Ben

From: "Hugh Vandervoort"

For HTML mail, use Word/Edit/Paste Special.