Re: [PCWorks] How do you get MSE/Microsoft Security Essentials to load at startup?

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 01:48:52 -0500

Well Hugh, after walking away for more than 30 minutes after
the PC started, the SoB still won't load.  Right after the PC
started I looked at the Task Manager again and in addition to
'MsMpEng.exe' I also saw 'MpCmdRun' (which is the "Microsoft
Malware Protection Command Line Utility").  It stayed there for
a minute, then vanished.  Never any 'msseces.exe'.

It's always something isn't it.  You've think you've found
something that works, then it doesn't.

So are Hugh and I the only ones at this list using MSE?

Hmmmm.........Ok, I guess I'll just have to wait even longer.
I would think after ~30 seconds it should have loaded.  When I
look at the Task Manager, the only thing running is its Service
(MsMpEng.exe) and msseces.exe never loads until I click the
icon.  I'll give it another shot and wait.

Thanks,
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner