Re: [PCWorks] Audio Driver

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 03:46:07 -0500

(Careful how you format your replies, because I only
accidentally scrolled down to see that you added more after you
said "Thanks for the reply Clint and taking the time."  I
'opened it up a bit' so they would be more easily seen).

Ok but remember when you "search" that any packed/executable
type of driver files are going to have to be unpacked first in
order for anything to actually see the actual driver files
themselves.

I don't know why M$ would put AVG in any of their downloads!
Sounds like you got from some other website that adds garbage
to their downloads.

"HiJackThis is the program that I don't understand when I get
its' report. Don't you have to send it to someone for
interpretation?"

No, you don't need the report.  The only thing that is for is
copying/pasting it into emails or forum posts to get someone to
explain to you what you may not understand if you need to
remove (what was tagged) or not.

Just scroll through the results it finds until you find
something related to this AVG toolbar, then check the box to
remove it.  Always be sure you have the option enabled to save
backups of changes so you can put them back if something gets
messed or deleted that you ended up needing.

It will tag just about everything, it's PRIMARILY an INFO ONLY
tool.  It's up to the user to look at it and say: "Oh yeah
there's the problem right there", then only check to remove
that.  The rest of the valid legit entries can be checked to
IGNORE so they will be ignored on future scans.
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner
www.OrpheusComputing.com