[PCWorks] MSE update size

  • From: Peter Kaulback <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 08:33:20 -0400

I had some issues with Avast 5 blocking my wireless from accessing the
internet through my router, hard wired would work fine just not the
wireless. So I uninstalled it and thought I would try Microsoft Security
Essentials.

At 2:30am it began to update and by 7:45am it was still updating, never
since 2000 have I seen any anti vir app take that long. So upon visiting
the MS security site I discovered the update size is 54mb! Is this the
norm for updates from MS for this tool? If multiple daily updates are
the norm for it then it is only useful for broadband users.

Otherwise it's back to troubleshooting Avast...

Peter Kaulback