[PCWorks] How do you get Windows Movie Maker to recognize Flash files? And some tips to help crashing

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 08:52:43 -0500

Does anyone know of a way to get Windows Movie Maker to
recognize Flash files?  If you drag a .flv file to it, it won't
let you.  Yet, under 'Options' and 'Compatibility', it has
Codecs AND filters FOR .flv files!  So this doesn't make any
sense why they would even be listed there if there is no way
for WMM to work with flv files.

FYI, for those that use WMM and have freeze ups and crashes
with certain file types, I've found out that by unchecking
boxes under that area mentioned above an help.  For some
reason recently, .wmv files were the only files that were
working properly.  .AVI and .mpg/mpeg files were causing
freezes.  Before I tried another mpg file, I unchecked every
mpg or mpeg box I saw (to save time in finding which was
causing it), and there's no more problems with mpg files.
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner
www.OrpheusComputing.com