[PCWorks] Help for a dead sd card?

  • From: Dale Heltzer <deheltzer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 16:12:12 -0600

To my dismay, I found yesterday that the nearly half-full 32GB SD card in my
digital book reader was not being recognized by the device. Plugging the
card into my desktop I was informed that it needed formatting.
First, I tried two different recovery programs, neither of which founmd *any
recoverable files (said something about not finding a boot sector).

Then, accepting that my data was lost, I tried formatting the card. Windows
was not able to complete the format process.

Is this SD card D-E-A-D?

Can I put it in the freezer, in a bag of rice, sing "all you need is love" -
will any of these bring it back?

Thanks.

Dale E. Heltzer

deheltzer@xxxxxxx

"A foolish consestency is tha hobgabljyn Qf littwe mjndz." - Ralph Waldo
Emerson via Howard Ashby Kranz