[PCWorks] Downloading XP SP3 (Was: Re: BSOD with error 0x000000D1 sometimes just 0x00000000)

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 23:45:59 -0500

Larry, again, your replies are not going to the list because
you are not removing the footer!  If you do not see your post,
then you KNOW what the problem is and why.

Now this problem below is now irrelevant, isn't it?  Since you
had to start all over again with a new HD?

As for SP3, no, it can be downloaded many places, including
from M$, all you do is search for:  download SP3 XP .
Unfortunately, there are numerous versions!  If you have never
used it before, then (also unfortunately) you're going to have
to do some research on which is which, because some of the SP3
versions had bad problems with getting BSOD's when the PC tried
to boot.  AMD CPU's mostly had this issue, but I was one of a
few that also had it with a P4.  This was years ago, so FAIK
newer hardware may not have this issue.

All I saw on the first page of results is the 316mb version:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/microsoft_windows_xp_service_pack_3.html
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24
http://www.softwarepatch.com/includes/download.php?page=windows&slug=windows-xp-service-pack-3&id=46
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Windows-XP-SP3-Download-90001.html

I have 2 versions saved, one is 316mb and the other is 315mb.
That last URL says it's b5512.  You may find more info if you
put "final" with that search above.

Send your other post again about ERUNT.
-Clint

God Bless,