[pcweenies] PCW Toon Mailer: #1686

  • From: Krishna Sadasivam <pcweenies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcweenies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:13:09 -0400

Phil Cooke’s recent article, entitled “Is the Lack of Boredom Killing Our
Creativity”<http://philcooke.com/is-the-lack-of-boredom-killing-our-creativity/>,
got me thinking. It expresses the same concern I have with all the
distractions we surround ourselves throughout the day. Our attention spans
are shorter than ever, and that means less time to truly focus.

A quote from Phil’s article says it all:

*There are more cell phones and TV sets in America than we have people, so
now we have a television in every room in the house and our phones help if
there’s no TV. There’s literally no downtime anymore. No time for well, just
thinking or daydreaming.*

The pace of life has only gotten faster. There are more distractions to keep
us occupied, and there is an entire generation out there that doesn’t know
what it’s like to ever be bored. Sad, isn’t it?
Enjoy the strip!

-Krishna

--
Krishna Sadasivam